Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The More Specific October Agenda (no rants involved)

Here's hoping you read the post on the Artsy Theurgist first.

Anyway, it's October, the NaNo website is down for the count, and creative excitement is running high. It's almost time for NaNoWriMo 2013, and I'm so excited about finally planning Ice Quest. Elizabeth is going to try NaNo this time around - her username is StoryConjurer.

This is my more specific agenda:
~ Plan Ice Quest
     ~ Make pencil-and-paper maps for real
          ~ Updated world map
          ~ City map (this one will be hard)
          ~ Abstract map I'm not going to tell you about
     ~ Plot out the novel
          ~ Do the snowflake method
          ~ Make complete scene and plot chart
     ~ Fix up characters
          ~ Make my new male lead less like Rayand
          ~ Make my new female lead much more likable
~ Work out scheduling scrapes
      ~ Figure out how to fit IQ's complex plot into one month
      ~ See if I can get some more of my IRL friends to do it
      ~ Decide how I'm going to juggle this with school
~ Blog at least a few times a week here
      ~ Try a post series about how writing relates to art
      ~ Rewrite the lyrics of a couple of Christmas songs
      ~ Upload pictures of my new maps
~ Stay up until midnight on Halloween
     ~ Write at least a couple of hundred words

Whew! That's a big list! I think I can get most of these done. I have a friend who brought up NaNo on her own, not knowing that I'm planning to do it, and another who doesn't think it's humanly possible to write a whole novel in a month. (What's funny is that the latter is actually very studious - he's exactly the type of person whom I think could handle it!) Let's see if Elizabeth and I can get more people at school involved, and maybe get him to try it, too.

~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment