Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The New NaNo Log - Day 2

I have been keeping up a consistent pace - I did about another 2,000 words today, and it was a lot more fun. Mr. Smiley is less smiley now, which I guess is a good thing. Chapter Two isn't quite done, but it's going to be fun to finish.
Highlights:

  • I actually had two potential chapter titles: Tea with a Madman and Doorway to Another Realm. Thanks to advice from my cabin, I chose Tea with a Madman and proud of it. That's the sort of thing that I think would catch the eye of someone browsing a Table of Contents.
  • MC and Mr. Smiley play a little game (see excerpt for abbreviation)
  • Lots of fun description
Lowlights: (word?)

  • I didn't have much time to write today, otherwise I probably would have done more.
Excerpt!
“What would you say if I told you that you had to go on an adventure to save another world?”
Gabby blinked. The question was even more unexpected, but she answered immediately. “Yes. At least, after I had some time to prepare, yes. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to learn to wield a sword and uncover evil plots.”
With a smile, Mr. Jackson asked, “What if swords were off-limits to you?”
“Still probably yes,” said Gabby. “I could be the mastermind behind a counterplot.” She smiled back, for the first time since the storm had come in. “Is this some kind of game?”
“Of a sort.” Mr. Jackson stood up and slowly wandered toward one of the bookshelves. “How about if swords were off-limits and you had to leave everything you had ever known to visit another world?”
All for today...

~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment