Thursday, April 3, 2014

The New NaNo Log - Day 3

Today was actually much fewer words - only 1,000 - but I have to leave for an evening commitment fairly soon and it took me to the end of the chapter, which is a pretty good stopping point. Mr. Smiley is going to be gone now for most of the book, which is...kind of nice. I'm going to rewrite the MMC and FMC confrontation scene from the MMC's point of view, which should be very interesting.
Highlights:

  • Not much happened, actually. I have a feeling that a lot of this is going to be cut for the editing. There were some fun conversations, but I feel like they were redundant.
Lowlights:

  • Not much happened
But, you will still get your excerpt!

     Gabby backed away from the portal. “This can’t be real. I’m hallucinating. You’re insane, and so am I.”
     “You said you would be willing to go.” Mr. Jackson stood very still, never taking his eyes off of her.
     “It was a game. I didn’t mean it. I thought we were just making conversation.”
     “A custom of yours I never understood.”
     A chill ran through Gabby’s veins. “All those books of yours, written in a mysterious language from far away that had to do with your family history…you’re not from this world, are you? You’re – you’re some sort of space alien, or something. I should go.”
     Mr. Jackson took several sudden steps forward and grabbed her arm. “No, please.”
     She tried to pull away, but his grip was iron. Maybe all his muscles were stronger than normal humans, not just his face muscles. “What? I’m sure you have plenty of capable people on your own planet. You don’t need me. You never needed me."

~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment