Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Editing Slog Begins!

It's June and over 90 degrees. I'm getting cooked nicely. -.- Hot temperatures aside, I'm off of WD (Wardiloth's Dragons) break now and it's time to begin Legends of Light editing month #1. Whoopdedoo. *sigh* Somehow, I don't think I'm going to like editing.

By the way - about that blurb? You know, the one I said I was going to do more than a month ago? That's not going to happen until after I finish editing. I'm going to be making a ton of changes, and it'll probably come out looking like a complete rewrite. More thoughts, more description, less blather. Who knows? Another subplot might even weave its way into the story! I've heard tell of that happening in additional drafts. I'm also hoping to add way more words in the process. I have a sneaking suspicion that this book will look quite different once I'm through with it, so I should probably wait on the blurb.

But I'm not going to just sit down and begin making changes without a clue. Oh, no! I have a strategic plan! :) (I think I'll need it.) I hope to make two to three editing passes.

  1. Add a whole ton of thoughts and description plus any other surprises, and cut dialogue rambles.
  2. Optional: make a second pass for cuts or more additions.
  3. Fix grammar issues and typos.
Should be fun! (Not.) Well, wish me luck! (By the way, is treehouse one word or two?)

~ Sophia-Rose

1 comment:

  1. (I feel like I'm waking up from the dead.)
    Too hot... Yay for editing!! I'm doing the same thing with my novel I finished... er... December? Yeah, wayy back then. Actually, editing can be lots of fun! I have a friend who's helping me, and she's calling me up and yelling "this makes no sense!!" Yeah good times. Anyways, good luck! :D
    (One word.)

    ReplyDelete