Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 10

I wrote lots today! :D It was fun! Let's see if I can list the amazing highlights:

  • Finished Chapter 5
  • Developed more tension between FMC and MMC, and reasons behind it
  • Gave the characters a dangerous warning and everyone freaked out
  • Introduced Peregrine (best. character. EVER!!)
  • Laughed at my own writing again
  • Wrote almost 1,000 extra words
There is absolutely no contest about my favorite passage. The dilemma comes in on when to cut it. It's 800 words of awesome which I sadly can't put on this blog right now, but here's the best part:


"Peregrine opened a closet and gestured toward it, still talking. 'You can put your cloaks in here. It’s pretty empty right now, since it only has my and Alcasor’s in it right now. That’s the way…there you go. Now, can you do me a favor? Alcasor doesn’t have much patience for my tricks, see, and he’s always demonstrating or reading or transforming things for customers. It can get boring being his apprentice, so you wouldn’t mind if I could show you one of my spells, would you?' He only waited about half a second before continuing his ramble. 'Great. Are you hungry? Good. Just watch me transform this bowl of water into tomato soup. You’ll love it!'

Peregrine pulled a bowl of warm water from a cupboard off to the side and waved his staff over it. 'Akwas cunvertendy is in pulmanty!' he shouted with a grin. 'Now, just watch the magic.' The water began to steam and swirl, turning a variety of rainbow colors. He jumped up and down, and some of the water sloshed over the sides. He ignored it and stared at the bowl, his grin growing wider. The miniature whirlpool slowly stopped, and the mixture turned an orange color and thickened. 'It’s working! This is exactly what’s supposed to happen! I’m brilliantly amazing!' His smile vanished as the mixture continued darkening and solidifying, much more than tomato soup is supposed to. When it stopped changing, it was a thick, brown sludge. He tentatively stuck his finger into it and tasted it. The face he made quickly morphed into a strained smile. 'Want some?' he asked, extending the bowl to Gabby and Rayand."

:D Happy writing!

~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment