Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 12 ~ Stress

My thoughts today while writing were mostly, "Aaah! I'm going to be gone all of tomorrow and some of Sunday and I need to get ahead!" Just so you know - that is NOT a good atmosphere for writing, and only serves to get you totally stressed out. I think I'm nicely ahead, though. I'm at just over 22,000 words, which is about 500 words above the par for tomorrow, so even if I'm a little behind when I get back, I can manageably regain a lead. Highlights:

  • Quiet garden scene to catch my breath. This is good, since soon I'll have 2.5 chapters of nonstop action. Ah! That isn't my strong point.
  • Did some character development on my FMC (Gabby)
All in all, though, today was sort of painful. It was a combination of quiet thoughtful scenes with the attitude of I NEED TO WRITE-WRITE-WRITE-WRITE-WRITE NOW!!! Not a good combination.

Most of what I wrote today either contains extreme spoilers or is very boring, so there will be no excerpt today. Sorry. Maybe I'll schedule something for tomorrow. Possibly an archived excerpt?

Happy writing!

~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment