Thursday, April 4, 2013

On the fourth day of writing...

...Camp NaNo gave to me four times 2k words
Three new scenes
Two more characters
And a month full of writing fun, free!

So, you can probably tell from the song that I hit 8k words today! I feel awesome. I don't have much time to write this post, so I need to make it short. Sorry. But here were today's highlights:

  • Wrote my real fight scene
  • Wrote a passage that made me giggle (that's really rare in my own writing!)
And here's my favorite passage. Guess what? It's the one that made me giggle!


"Gabby noticed a tall shadow up ahead. Was it a tree? That’s what it looked like. If so, she’d probably almost reached the park. She began to run, then winced at the slapping sound her feet made. Stupid sidewalk, she growled to herself. She wasn’t particularly interested in waking the whole town, and now she’d take that much longer to reach the tree. 'Unless, of course,' she thought with a dry smile, 'it’s actually a giant feather duster.'

When Gabby reached it, it turned out that it was neither tree nor duster, but instead a large, decorative shrub on a rotary in the middle of the street. 'It’s a good thing there aren’t many cars at this time of night,' she thought as she crossed back to the sidewalk, 'otherwise I wouldn’t be able to make those crossings without being seen!'

Suddenly, a rumbling noise came from Gabby’s left, and two tiny pinpoints of light began drawing nearer. Closer inspection revealed that they belonged to a car."

Happy writing!



~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment