Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 19 ~ Trouble

So, yesterday one of my highlights was that I killed a major character. That was at the very - I mean VERY - end of yesterday's writing, so today I opened with elaborating a little. And there lies my problem. I began to feel horribly guilty. Can't tell you why, but it really made it hard to write. It wasn't a hard decision to kill him, either. I had to do it to move the story forward. But I did have some highlights:

  • Wrote ANOTHER whole chapter
  • Went over 40,000 words :D
  • My characters have finally escaped from their prison
  • I developed a lot of characters
  • I actually managed to write decent action scenes
  • I ended on another great cliffhanger. Dun dun dun!!
It's pretty late right now, so I'm going to end this here. Sorry for the short-ish post. If I keep up at this rate, I'm slated to finish on the 22nd. :)

Happy writing!

~ Sophia-Rose

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So do you think it'll meet 50k or go over??

    Ok, so the person who is absolutely horrible to her characters is feeling guilty? Well! It better not be a lovable character that will make me cry when I read this, cause otherwise I'll have to smack you upside the head with a book and exclaim, "NOOOOO!!! WHHYYY!!!????"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I'm not even sure it'll reach 50k. I have trouble writing long things.

      And "lovable" isn't the first word that comes to mind when I think of him, but he's always really nice to everyone...

      Delete
  2. After ditching one of my favorite characters to have return later and freak everyone out, I've been having the same problems. I just can't pick up my computer and get something done now, thus making my goal for today 2,755 words. Perhaps I'll just take a dare or something.

    ReplyDelete