Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 8

So...yeah. These posts seem awkward and empty without the song, don't they? It was a pity to abolish my song, but it had to be done. Today was mostly dedicated to catching up, since I was behind. I hit the par, but that's about it. Tomorrow will be mostly dedicated to trying to regain my lead, since I'll be away for the weekend. Yikes! But I still have highlights!

  • Showed MMC (Rayand) as someone other than a paranoid whiner. He has friends!
  • Showed a somewhat humorous dishing-out-orders scene
  • Had my FMC (Gabby) get lost
  • Started Chapter 5!
Now for my favorite excerpt. I always have trouble picking these things! But here you are. By the way, Sulok is Rayand's best friend. I'm quite fond of him, even though he's just a minor character.


"Sulok counted on his fingers. 'The general said something about a precision attempt, so he’s probably only going to send a few people. I think that since it’s a spying mission, he’ll want one expert spy, one super quick person and one strong warrior for defense. The best choices would be Thendoryl, me, and you, but are you sure he’s going to pick the best of us?'

That got a laugh out of Rayand. 'Actually, I think he’s going to pick Thendoryl, Enthard, and Roydran, but that’s just my opinion.'

Sulok sighed. 'You’re probably right. Those are usually his favorites for spying missions. It’s too bad. Some of us could use a special mission to be promoted from guard to soldier.'"

Sulok is hinting in that last part. Well, wish me luck. And...


Happy writing!



~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment