Friday, April 5, 2013

On the fifth day of writing...

...Camp NaNo gave to me five cabin mates!
Four times 2k words
Three new scenes
Two more characters
And a month full of writing fun, free!

I have one thing to say. 10K WORDS!! :D Yep, I just hit 10,076 words on Legends of Light! I'm so happy! Well, okay. I actually have a lot more than one thing to say.
1. 10K WORDS!! :D
2. I wrote so much awesome today.
3. I've contracted NaNoFever.
And now, it's time to highlight that awesome mentioned in thing-to-say #2:

  • My FMC (Gabby) and MMC (Rayand) finally met. They hate each other! :D
  • Gabby entered the fantasy world for the first time
  • I slyly introduced some very important plot points in upcoming books in a very subtle way
  • I first wrote down some fancy runes in my novel (they look unspeakably cool, by the way)
  • I introduced hints of a romance that I assure you will never develop further
In other words: awesome. The hard part was choosing which awesome to share with you on this blog. At first I wanted to do a segment of the part where Gabby and Rayand meet, but I didn't want to spoil it and I can't really cut that down to a few paragraphs. (It's all awesome!) Instead, I chose this awesomely cool piece of description of some portals in a special portal building. By the way, the green portal, not mentioned in this text, leads to Earth.

"'The blue portal leads to a valley in Elvindor, the northern region of Wardiloth, which may or may not be flooded at this point. It’s a good thing the elves currently don’t know how to activate portals, otherwise we’d be in serious trouble. We’re at war with them, you see. The orange one leads to the halls of time and magic. All the magic in every realm originates there, and even the power of time itself. Although nobody’s sure what, if anything, lives there, it’s probably best to be cautious just in case.' He lapsed into thoughtful silence.


'What about the purple one?' Gabby prompted.

'Ah, the purple portal. I suppose you would ask about it, wouldn’t you? The truth is, nobody quite knows to what realm it leads. We’ve sent scouts there to look, but not one returned. Eventually, we just decided that we should call it the realm of darkness as a warning to anyone who may want to try the portal, and leave it at that. We’re not sure what threats lurk behind the vortex, but it must be something gigantic. Everyone agrees that it’s a door best left closed.'"

Those excerpts just get longer and longer, don't they? I hope you'll understand. I couldn't bear to cut this one, since it's just better in its entirety! 

Happy writing!

~ Sophia-Rose

3 comments:

  1. First, congrats!!

    And.... WOOAAHHHH! Your portals are awesome :)

    Lastly, how do you pronounce Wardiloth? War-di-loth? Low-th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a mug of coffee, it should help with that NaNoFever of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete