Monday, April 1, 2013

On the first day of writing...

...Camp NaNo gave to me a month full of writing fun, free!

I'm not sure how far I'll take the song, but we'll see how it goes. Today was GREAT! (Yes, it needed the caps.) I pounded out slightly less than twice the necessary daily word goal, and every word was lots of fun! My train of thought, and I voiced some of this, was literally, "I love this! I'm having so much fun! NaNo is awesome! I love my story!" All the while, my "at this rate, you will finish on" counter cheerfully prophesied that I'd finish on April 16th.

Some highlights of today:
  • Wrote a whole chapter (almost a fourteenth of the story right there)
  • Wrote an eerie nighttime meeting scene between the two main antagonists
  • Described an explosion in graphic detail (don't worry, there was no blood or gore)
  • Wrote a 400 word rant (literally!) from an absolutely psycho character (fun, fun!)
  • Ended Chapter One with a very chilling cliffhanger
In other words: Day One of literary awesomeness accomplished and then some! I wonder how long it'll last.

This is the favorite thing I wrote today:


"Gabby found Mr. Crosby sitting behind his desk and giving her one of his signature death glares. His face was flushed, his lips were pursed, his eyebrows were plunging steeply downward, and his green eyes glittered with unspoken malice. 

"Soon enough, the malice shown so plainly through his expression entered into the open air. 'What,' he thundered, 'Is the meaning of this, Miss Nelson?! Lockers exploded, students unconscious, hallways a mess – is this your idea of a practical joke?'"

This is the beginning of the aforementioned 400-word rant that was pure joy to write. I was cackling madly throughout the whole ordeal. If you have not yet written a completely psycho character like that yet, do it. It's outrageously fun. (I think I should add it to my list of must-haves!)

The road to a month of awesomeness in writing stretches out before us. To infinity, and beyond!

~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment