Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 18 ~ Dullness

Today had a great start. I got inside the head of my favorite character, whose point of view I don't usually do, and had fun with it. Then, my day just...derailed. Writing got boring. I don't know why, but I pushed through. Highlights:

  • Wrote mostly hilarious scenes
  • Wrote another whole chapter
  • Killed a character (gasp!)
Yep, I killed a major character. However, I won't use it as an excerpt because I don't want to share which one I killed. Instead, here's a funny excerpt:


Alcasor sighed and shook his head. 'Peregrine, Peregrine,' he said. 'What am I going to do with you?'

Peregrine turned his grimace into a grin. 'I don’t know. Maybe take me on more adventures after this?'

Alcasor didn’t seem to think it was funny. He frowned at Peregrine. 'This is not a laughing matter!' he hissed, lowering his voice and nervously glancing around. 'We could all be killed, and you got us into it! I expect you to be quiet and cooperative while we try to get you out!'

That isn't the best part of it, but it's the best one I could find without spoilers.

Happy writing!

~ Sophia-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment